Wednesday 10 August 2011

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan


MY RATING: 3/5


BLURB: (GOODREADS)
So you're a guy; you're at a band show and your ex, the girl who dumped you, walks in with the new guy. Looking for a safe exit, you ask the girl you happen to be sitting with to be your girl friend for the next five minutes. 
You're a girl; you're at a get together and your least favourite female strolls in. The stranger sitting next to you asks you to be his five-minute date. So what do you do? You lock lips. 
Nick and Nora's instant connect begins a roller coaster "first date" that takes them through Manhattan and into themselves. A novel concept that works. 


REVIEW: 
I liked this book. I didn't love it, but I am glad that I read it. I don't know what else to say about it that the blurb doesn't tell you. Nick and Nora meet under very strange circumstances in the bar that Nick's band is playing at. There feelings for each other and the ex's that they are trying to leave behind lead them both on an emotional roller coaster of a first date, if that's what you would call it. 

There are few things that annoyed me a little about this book. The amount of swearing in it, is a major turn off for me. Sometimes it seemed like the characters trains of thought went off on the most unrelated and random tangents, which at times made it a little boring for me. Other than those things, I thought it was a really interesting story. It was really sweet. Sometimes Norah really got on my nerves with her being all into it one second and then not being able to get away from Nick fast enough the next. I liked Nick's character, he is sweet and loyal and totally more than a bitch like Tris deserves. 

Rachel Cohn and David Levithan write really well together. Although with this one I felt that at some points the switching from Norah and Nick was a little rocky, I have read Dash and Lily's Book of Dares and have just started read Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List, and I think that they have a really nice flow. Hopefully they will write more books together in the future that I can look forward to. I will post a review of Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List when I finish it :)

Jammie the Book Nerd 
xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment