Saturday 13 August 2011

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

MY RATING: 4/5


BLURB: 
A GIRL WITH A MORBID ABILITY. 
When a murder is committed it leaves a unique echo. . . on both the victim and the killer. Most people are unaware of these echos but Violet Ambrose has always been able to sense them. 

A SERIAL KILLER ON THE LOOSE. 
Now that Violet's town is in the thralls of serial killer the echos of the local girls he has murdered are haunting her. 

AND THE BOY WHO WOULD NEVER LET ANYTHING HAPPEN TO HER. 
the only shinning light is Violet's best friend Jay. She's started falling for him and his fierce protectiveness gives her hope that he may feel the same. . .

With the police at a loss, can Violet use her ability to stop the killer or is she in danger of becoming her next victim? 

REVIEW: 
I loved this book :D I'm not sure is it is a 4 or a 5 for me. And I don't want to do the whole .5 thing :/ It had a beautiful balance of the creepiness, with the serial killer, and romance. It was well written and very intriguing. I only recently posted about how much I love people who have been best friends forever that fall for each other. 

Violet has an unusual gift. She can (for lack of better word) sense when there is a body somewhere near her. The ones that have been brutally murdered give off the strongest echos. When Violet finds a girls body and another is found just the weekend after it becomes apparent that there is a serial killer on the loose. Because of her ability, Violet feels as though she is the only one that can find the killer. 

As I said before I only just posted about how much I love the kind of romance that this book has. Over the summer Jay grew out of his childish looks and into a man, everyone has noticed, and that includes his best friend Violet. Violet tries to hide the way she feels from Jay afraid that he won't feel the same way back. Well, I guess you could imagine how all of that turns out :) The characters were all very likable. The secondary characters didn't play very much of a role in the story, but that was alright as the story was more about Violet trying to find the serial killer. I liked Chelsea and Jules, but Claire was a little annoying at times. 

The story was beautifully written. The small looks into the serial killers mind were so realistic it was scary. It was all exactly how a serial killer would think, how they would act. It was haunting and beautiful at the same time. There was a part at the end of the story where the writing was so well written and deceiving. I so sure that something had happened, it was horrible. So convincing. I was thinking to myself the entire time reading it that if it was really happening that it would have ruined the entire book for me, if it had of happened, I don't think that I would have been able to read the next book in the series. 

So in the end, I loved this book. I am definitely going to try and get my hands on Desires of the Dead as soon as I can :D A beautifully written debut and I would definitely recommend it if you are interested in anything to do with serial killers and the dead :D 

Jammie the Book Nerd 
xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment