Friday 15 July 2011

Harry Potter

Hey, 

So as you all know, Harry Potter has finally come to an end. My entire life I have been waiting for the next Harry Potter book and when they finished the next movie. But now it has all come to an end. I cried a lot during the last movie when I went to see it. Instead of seeing it on Friday like I had planned, we went to see it on Thursday morning. Turns out I was supposed to work Friday not Thursday and I wrote down my roster wrong :/

Anyway, my thoughts on the last movie. I really think that they did a really fantastic job with this one. So over all of all of the movies, I think they did all of them well up to number four (that's including number four), the only thing that I didn't like about the Goblet of Fire (only you guys who have read the books will know what I am talking about) was that they didn't include the fact that Rita Skeeter was an animagus, and that was how she got all of her inside info when she was banned from coming near them. I know that it wasn't a very important thing so it's okay that they left it out, I just thought that it was really cool.

I personally feel that they did a terrible job with the Order of the Phoenix. I mean did you guys who haven't read the book even know what those orb things everywhere were? I feel that they didn't go into enough explanation about the prophecies and what  they meant and how it could have been Neville Longbottom that was the chosen one, and that the only reason that Voldemort had his downfall was because he didn't hear the rest of the prophecy. If he had of heard everything that Professor Trelawny had said he never would have gone after Harry and he would have been in power, probably forever. So I didn't like the Order of the Phoenix at all.

With the Half-Blood Prince, I did like the movie. The only thing that I was really upset about was the cut of all the fighting. Everything else was good. I mean how truly horrible was it when Dumbledore was having to drink the poison stuff to get the locket out? Amazing. The loss of the fighting was the only downfall for me. 
I loved everything about the two the Deathly Hallows movies. I think that they didn't cut anything that was too major, and they just did a wonderful job with it. The things that mattered to me most in this one where down true to the book.

Now I am majorly biased to anything Harry Potter, so no matter how bad any of the movies are I love them to bits anyway. I am actually planning on re-reading the entire series again this year. I have been putting it off for a while because there is just so many of them and I am trying to not be reading anything when other books that I have been waiting ages to read are being released. But I am definitely going to read them again some time  this year.

Sorry about the long post. I just love Harry Potter and making myself a blog seemed to be the perfect way to fill my need to babble continuously about everything. I would love to hear your thoughts if you have seen the latest movie. If not I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did! :D 

Jammie the Book Nerd 
xxoo 

No comments:

Post a Comment